CAREERS with Us
We are looking for a dynamic and professional individual to join our team in the role of Bookkeeper. This is a full-time position within the Marcus & Associates team. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills, the ability to communicate with clients and team members in a timely and effective manner, and the ability to multitask in order to manage their time across various roles and responsibilities.
What You Will Do:
• Bookkeeping for various small businesses
• Maintain and reconcile client general ledger accounts and transactions, including bank and credit card reconciliations, accounts receivable/payable subledgers, and accurate recording of client sales invoices and expenses
• Prepare journal entries as required
• Perform various payroll functions, including calculation of employee renumeration, source deduction remittances, and WSIB and EHT fillings
• Preparation and fillings of HST returns
• Preparation of monthly/quarterly internal financial statements
• Other duties as assigned
What You Will Bring:
• Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting or a related field
• A minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar role
• Experience with QuickBooks, Sage50, Taxprep and Caseware considered an asset
• Proficient in MS Office Suite and highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Proven ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
Marcus & Associates offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, which include health and dental benefits, voluntary RRSP matching, flexible office hours, and payment of professional dues and courses.
Marcus & Associates LLP is committed to employment equity and diversity and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org 1-519-433-9231 ext. 230.
Do not see a job opening?
Email Us Below!
We would love to hear from you of what you can bring to our team!