CAREERS with Us
2024 Spring Coop Student (May-August)
Marcus & Associates LLP welcomes you to apply for a co-op placement with us as a Staff Accountant(Coop Student)!
We are a public practice accounting firm which has continued to provide Assurance, Accounting, Advisory and Tax services to owner-managed businesses and professionals for over 65 years.
The Staff Accountant position(Coop Student) involves assisting with the preparation of a variety of accounting functions. Staff Accountants must have the ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail and accuracy, have excellent interpersonal skills, be comfortable with a team approach to client service and have the ability to grow into new tasks as required. The job tasks assigned to this job include but are not limited to: bookkeeping and HST for various clients, inputting cash receipts and disbursements, reconciling banks, Compilation files for clients, compiling clients’ information into standard financial statement format, year-end reporting packages, financial projections, personal and corporate tax returns.
- Bookkeeping and HST for various clients
- Input cash receipts and disbursements
- Reconcile Banks
- Compilation files for clients
- Compile clients’ information into standard financial statement format
- Year-end Reporting packages
- Financial projections
- Personal and corporate tax returns
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience with CaseWare, CaseView, CCH iFirm, Quickbooks, and T2 Taxprep is considered an asset
- Strong ability to organize and manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Paid Position, competitive hourly wages
- Co-op Work Term Duration: 4 months with the possibility of extension to 8 months or longer for internship
- Opportunities to apply for a full-time position after a successful coop term and completion of schooling
- Various Training Opportunities
- Fun events (Birthday party each month, Holiday Party, Tax Party, Summer BBQ, etc)
Marcus & Associates is a small-medium size accounting firm that has been servicing the London area for over 60 years. As a co-op student, you will have the opportunity to work in our office on a variety of file types and learn from some of our staff, managers, and partners. We’d love to make this an enriching co-op experience for you and have you contribute to our team!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email title, 2024 Spring Coop Student Application.
Marcus & Associates LLP is committed to employment equity and diversity and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com 1-519-433-9231 ext.230 or firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-433-9231 ext.249.
Do not see a job opening?
Email Us Below!
We would love to hear from you of what you can bring to our team!